Welcome to Oral History Victoria (OHV)
A non-profit organisation formed in 1982, Oral History Victoria (OHV) is the state branch of Oral History Australia (OHA) which was formed in 1978. The aims and objectives of these organisations are to:
- promote ethical practice and methods of oral history
- educate in the use of oral history methods
- encourage discussions on all aspects of oral history
- foster the preservation of oral history records
- pursue common objectives and maintain links with other Australian oral history associations through membership of Oral History Australia Inc.
Oral history is the recording of people’s memories and has an increasingly wide range of uses including historical and social research; family, institution and business histories; radio documentaries and museum displays.
If you would like to find out more about joining OHV please go to our membership page.