ORAL HISTORY VICTORIA INNOVATION AWARDS 2015
Victorians engaged in oral history are encouraged to apply for one of two new awards:
Oral History Victoria Community Innovation Award:
is open to all community-based oral history practitioners who are financial members of Oral History Victoria (at the closing date of 1 August 2015), including freelance workers and professional historians, and members of voluntary organisations and public institutions (excluding educational institutions).
Oral History Victoria Education Innovation Award:
is open to students and staff working in an educational institution (applicants for the Education award do NOT need to be members of Oral History Victoria).
Eligible applicant projects must have been active (in creation and / or production) in 2014 and / or 2015. Applicants must be based in Victoria. Members of the OHV committee may not apply. Each award winner will receive a prize of $250, and successful applications will be posted on the OHV website. The judging panel may also award Commendations for Excellence to outstanding runners-up.
Applicants must email an application as a Word document or pdf attachment, to each of the three judges listed below. Your application must include:
- Applicant/s name (individual/s and organisational affiliation, if applicable)
- Award you are applying for (Community or Education):
- Project name
- Applicant/s contact address, phone number, email and (where available) web address.
- In no more than 500 words, a description of the project and explanation of why it is deserving of an award for innovation in the creation, interpretation and / or presentation of oral history.
- A list of all outputs produced by the project, including web addresses where appropriate.
- If a significant project output is a book, journal article, essay or some other format that can be provided to the judges, then one copy should be sent to each of the three judges at the following addresses:
Alistair Thomson (Chair of judging panel): email firstname.lastname@example.org; address: History Program, Monash University, Clayton 3800.
Susan Faine: email email@example.com; address: OHV c/-Royal Historical Society of Victoria, 239 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne, 3000.
Ann Scally: firstname.lastname@example.org; PO Box 135, Mount Martha, 3934.
Closing date for applications: 1 August 2015.
VICTORIAN COMMUNITY HISTORY AWARDS 2015